Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Preds Play Without Fire, Get Burned 0-5

Readership,

It's all my fault, it's all my fault, and I'll tell you why.

My first FST-holder year in 2007 had me buying tickets for as many friends as I could to go to games with me.  One of these friends was a quirky, lil Canadian fella by the name of Rohan (Hi, Rohan).  He wanted to go to as many games as possible, but if he had to pick one, it was the next game against the Flames, as he was from Calgary.  Little did I know that by inviting a fella from Calgary into my home that they would continue to beat the tar out of us most of the times they visit.  Sorry, everyone.  My bad.

That being said, playing the hottest road team in the NHL at the moment by not playing at all isn't the way to win the game.  When our expected top-O isn't even registering shots on net throughout the whole game, you know you're pretty much done.  That being said, thankfully not too many people witnessed it (and I say "thankfully" in a bittersweet way cos we need folks in seats - even the scalpers went home broke tonight).

Time to forget.  The Wild are up next and it's time for us to get back on track for this 2-game tour.  The Blackhawks will be the real challenge, but if last night was any indication...one game at a time - cant afford to get too ahead of ourselves.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment